[Blazer: H&M, Sweatshirt: H&M (similar), Shorts: H&M, Shoes: Sam Edelman (similar), Glasses: Warby Parker Mallory]
The only way to brave the cold? Layers. When I’m not in the mood to wear my long winter coat, I put on more layers. This is one of my favorite makeshift jacket combos – hoody with a blazer on top. The hoody dresses down the blazer quite a bit. Also, just got my new Warby Parker frames! After being a committed Sinclair wearer/owner for the past year, I decided to give the Mallory frame a try. I was a bit hesitant with the bits of blue in the frame, but the little hints of color make the frame unique!
I can’t hold out any longer, so my long winter coat will start making an appearance on Simply Epalf.
With the passing of Thanksgiving, the Holiday season has officially arrived! Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll have a couple of what to wear features for the different types of events you might be attending.
I have a company holiday party coming up, so I thought I’d kick the series off with outfit options for a Holiday Cocktail party.
My personal favorite? Outfit # 3. The Tibi Natalia dress has been on my radar for quite some time now. Check out the full details of the dress to understand why. The plunging back is gor-geous.
Flare skirts have been popping up all over my inspiration boards lately. I like trying different silhouettes, so I might be replicating this look in the near future. My next shopping goal is to find a flared skirt like this to pair with a loose top/sweater. Any suggestions?
It’s almost December! Has anyone caught the Holiday fever yet? Stay tuned for a new holiday themed feature tomorrow on Simply Epalf.
[Dress: Zara, Clutch: No Brand (similar), Shoes: Ferragamo My Joy, Nails: Julep in Amy, Lipstick: Nars in Scarlett Empress]
This past weekend marked the (un)official year anniversary of Simply Epalf! I started putting this blog together last year over Thanksgiving break and officially launched it this past January. The past year of blogging has gone by SO fast and as an extension of Thanksgiving, I’d just like to say I’m thankful for all of you! Thankful for the blog friends I’ve made over the past year, the readers I’ve gained, and to my family and friends who are loyal readers of this blog as well.
So here are a few pics to take a trip down memory lane…
There’s a lot more in store for Simply Epalf! I’m working on a blog re-design and a couple of new features for the coming year.
Happy back to work day Monday!
[Sweater: H&M, Leggings: Zara, Cape: Aqua (similar), Shoes: Carven Bow Flats, Sunglasses: Karen Walker, Lipstick: Mac Captive to Shop]
My obsession with leather accents is ever-growing. What I love about these Zara leggings is that the front side is leather/pleather material and the back side is regular legging material. Wore the pants with a simple black and white outfit and my new favorite Mac lip color for fall – Captive to Shop.
I snapped these shots after attending the Dew Drop DC Swap event this past Saturday. I walked away with a couple of good swap items including one from Rosa‘s closet and will hopefully be featuring these items soon.
Hope you’re having a wonderful Monday and are getting those stretchy pants ready for Thanksgiving!
[Turtleneck: J.Crew, Shirt: Forever 21, Skirt: Club Monaco, Vest: Zara (similar), Shoes: Nordstrom B.P., Bag: Vintage Coach (similar)]
I think this is going to be one of the last “tight-less” outfit posts you see on Simply Epalf. It’s time to transition this blog from fall to winter wear. I’ve got my coat, tights, and gloves ready!
TGIF! Hope you all are excited for the weekend as I am. I have some fun activities planned, so stay tuned to see my updates on the blog next week.
A mid-week update of snapshots I’ve taken in the past few days.
- Ever since Sandy hit the East Coast, the weather has been super wonky. A couple of days ago, the weather was gorgeous and warm but just yesterday, I had to whip out the winter coat and gloves again! Love this pair of H&M bow gloves I got for $7. They come in a variety of colors and if you’re feeling super thrifty, head out to your local store today so get them for 40% off! (Coupons are available through the end of the 14th.)
- For some odd reason, one of the ways I concentrate on work is by taking off all of my jewelry. Maybe it’s the weight of the jewelry that bothers me? I’m not sure. But once the jewelry comes off, I head straight into productive mode. Pictured here is a necklace from the J.Crew outlet and my trusty Michael Kors watch.
- Can’t believe it’s almost Christmas! Spotted this Kate Spade display in Nordstrom the other day. I would love to wake up to Kate Spade stocking stuffers especially this one.
- Last week was a great time in DC. Whether you voted for Obama or Romney, it felt great to be in the Nation’s capital and exercising my right to vote! Mochi helped me out with the photo op.
- Warby Parker is in town! For those of you in the DC area, the Warby Parker class trip bus is in DC for the next few days. Check their website for more deets – http://www.warbyparkerclasstrip.com/. I stopped by and finally picked a new pair to replace my Sinclairs.
It’s Wednesday folks. That means, a couple of days till the weekend!